The members of the Paso Robles Chapter of the Rhone Rangers invite you to the
2016 Paso Robles Rhone Rangers Experience
Broken Earth Winery
Sunday, February 14th, 2016
Seminar and Luncheon 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM (Silent Auction Preview 10:00am-10:30am) SOLD OUT
Grand Tasting and Silent Auction 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM BUY TICKETS
The 45+ members of the Paso Robles Chapter of the Rhone Rangers invite you to join them for a day in Paso Robles Wine Country with some of America’s leading producers of Rhone varietals as we explore what makes Paso Robles so ideal for these great grapes and wines. This fun-filled and information-rich day will include:
- "Rhone Essentials" Seminar - Taste a top example of each of the principal categories of Paso Robles Rhone wines as you hear from winemakers and principals who have chosen the Rhone Ranger route in Paso Robles, and who are forging the area's reputation as California's "Rhone Zone". The seminar panel will be moderated by Esther Mobley, Wine, Beer & Spirits Writer for the San Francisco Chronicle. The wineries and speakers representing the major categories will be:
- Viognier: Four Lanterns (Steve Gleason, Owner)
- Roussanne: Cass Winery (Steerling Kragten, Winemaker)
- White Rhone Blend: Calcareous (Jason Joyce, Winemaker)
- Dry Rose: Halter Ranch (Molly Lonborg, Associate Winemaker)
- Grenache: Broken Earth Winery (Chris Cameron, Winemaker)
- Mourvedre: Adelaida Cellars (Jeremy Weintraub, Winemaker)
- Syrah: Alta Colina Winery (Bob Tillman, Owner/Winemaker)
- Red Rhone Blend: Pomar Junction (Jim Shumate, Winemaker)
- Petite Sirah: ONX Winery (Brian Brown, Winemaker)
- Vintners' Lunch - Seminar participants will be joined by Rhone Rangers principals and winemakers for a gourmet banquet lunch, prepared by local chef Jeffery Scott [see the amazing lunch menu]. Throughout lunch, members' Rhone wines will be passing freely around the tables, while attendees enjoy an extended opportunity to interact with the producers.
- Grand Tasting & Silent Auction - Taste nearly 150 wines from the complete membership of the Paso Robles Rhone Rangers, including top single Rhone varietals and the best in Rhone blends. During the Grand Tasting, bid on lots donated by Rhone Rangers member wineries and help support the Rhone Rangers scholarship fund!
The day's events will take place at Broken Earth Winery, on Highway 46 just east of Paso Robles. Participation in the seminar and lunch will be limited to the first 200 tickets sold. The seminar and lunch is sold out. The grand tasting will be limited to 400 attendees.
Tickets for the seminar and lunch are $90, and seminar/lunch attendees receive free entry into the Grand Tasting. Tickets for the Grand Tasting are just $35, and free to qualified trade and media (advance registration is required).
We are grateful to the following Paso Robles hotels for setting aside room blocks. We are working actively on more; check back frequently. When booking any of them, mention "Rhone Rangers Block" to get the special rates (room blocks held through 1/12/16):
We are pleased to work with The Wine Wrangler to offer round-trip shuttle service to the event from a selection of Paso Robles hotels. Shuttle pickup will be around 10:00AM for guests attending the Seminar/Luncheon and 1:00PM for the Grand Tasting, with return shuttles picking up from the event at 1:30PM and 4:15PM. The cost is $25.00 round-trip and must be reserved in advance by contacting The Wine Wrangler at (805) 238-5700.
We are grateful to our Paso Robles Rhone Rangers Experience sponsors: