The members of the Paso Robles Chapter of the Rhone Rangers invite you to the
2013 Paso Robles Rhone Rangers Experience
Broken Earth Winery
Sunday, February 17th, 2013
Seminar and Luncheon 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM SOLD OUT
Grand Tasting and Silent Auction 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR
The 48 members of the Paso Robles Chapter of the Rhone Rangers invite you to join them for a day in Paso Robles Wine Country with some of America’s leading producers of Rhone varietals as we explore what makes Paso Robles so ideal for these great grapes and wines. Although the Seminar/Lunch is SOLD OUT there are TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR for the Grand Tasting/Silent Auction. This fun-filled and information-rich day will include:
- "Rhone Essentials" Seminar - SOLD OUT - Taste a top example of each of the principal categories of Paso Robles Rhone wines as you hear from winemakers and principals who have chosen the Rhone Ranger route in Paso Robles, and who are forging the area's reputation as California's "Rhone Zone". The seminar was moderated by Luke Sykora, Associate Editor at Wine&Spirits Magazine. Representing the categories on the panel will be:
- Grenache Blanc: Ranchero Cellars, 2011 Chrome, Amy Butler, Proprietor
- Viognier: Mitchella, 2011 Viognier, Darren Mitchell, Proprietor
- White Rhone Blend: Halter Ranch, 2011 Cotes de Paso Blanc, Kevin Sass, Winemaker
- Rose: Vines on the Marycrest, 2011 Summertime, Victor Abascal, Proprietor
- Grenache: Cypher, 2010 Grenache, Christian Tietje, Winemaker
- Mourvedre: Cass, 2010 Mourvedre, Lood Kotze, Winemaker
- Syrah: Vina Robles, 2009 Syree, Kevin Willenborg, Winemaker
- Petite Sirah: J. Lohr, 2010 Petite Sirah, Steve Lohr, Proprietor
- Red Rhone Blend: Caliza, 2010 Cohort, Carl Bowker, Proprietor
- Vintners' Lunch - SOLD OUT - Seminar participants will be joined by Rhone Rangers principals and winemakers for a gourmet banquet lunch, with members' Rhone wines passing freely around the tables and extended opportunity for interaction with the producers. The lunch will include:
- Grand Tasting & Silent Auction – TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR - Taste nearly 150 wines from the complete membership of the Paso Robles Rhone Rangers, including top single Rhone varietals and the best in Rhone blends. During the Grand Tasting, bid on lots donated by Rhone Rangers member wineries and help support the Rhone Rangers scholarship fund!
The day's events will take place at Broken Earth Winery, on Highway 46 just east of Paso Robles. Participation in the seminar and lunch will be limited to the first 200 RSVPs. The seminar and lunch has sold out at least six weeks before the event each of the past four years. The grand tasting will be limited to 400 attendees.
Tickets for the seminar and lunch are $85, and seminar/lunch attendees receive free entry into the Grand Tasting. Tickets for the Grand Tasting are just $25, and free to qualified trade and media (advance registration is required).
2013 Hotel Information
We are grateful to the following Paso Robles hotels for setting aside room blocks. When booking any of them, mention "Rhone Rangers Experience" to get the special rates:
We are grateful to our 2013 Paso Robles Rhone Rangers Experience sponsors: