The members of the Paso Robles Chapter of the Rhone Rangers invite you to the
2014 Paso Robles Rhone Rangers Experience
Broken Earth Winery
Sunday, February 16th, 2014
Seminar and Luncheon 10:30 AM to 1:00 PM SOLD OUT
Grand Tasting and Silent Auction 1:30 PM to 3:30 PM TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR
Online Ticketing Closed
The 45+ members of the Paso Robles Chapter of the Rhone Rangers invite you to join them for a day in Paso Robles Wine Country with some of America’s leading producers of Rhone varietals as we explore what makes Paso Robles so ideal for these great grapes and wines. This fun-filled and information-rich day will include:
- "Rhone Essentials" Seminar - Taste a top example of each of the principal categories of Paso Robles Rhone wines as you hear from winemakers and principals who have chosen the Rhone Ranger route in Paso Robles, and who are forging the area's reputation as California's "Rhone Zone". The seminar panel will be moderated by Master Sommelier Evan Goldstein, prolific author of, among others, Perfect Pairings and Daring Pairings. The wines and panelists representing the major categories on the panel will be:
- Grenache Blanc: Tablas Creek Vineyard 2012 Grenache Blanc (Jason Haas, Partner and General Manager)
- Viognier: Pomar Junction 2012 Viognier (Jim Shumate, Winemaker)
- White Rhone Blend: Adelaida Cellars 2012 "Version White Reserve" Roussanne/Grenache Blanc/Picpoul Blanc (Jeremy Weintraub, Winemaker)
- Dry Rose: Proulx 2012 Grenache Rosé (Kevin Riley, Owner/Winemaker)
- Grenache: Broken Earth Winery 2012 Grenache (Chris Cameron, Winemaker)
- Mourvedre: Cypher Winery 2011 Mourvedre "El Pelon" (Christian Tietje, Winemaker)
- Syrah: Eberle Winery 2012 Syrah, Steinbeck Vineyard (Gary Eberle, Proprietor)
- Petite Sirah: Zenaida Cellars 2011 Petite Sirah (Eric Ogorsolka, Owner/Winemaker)
- Red Rhone Blend: Anglim Winery 2010 "Best Barrel Blend" Syrah/Mourvedre (Steve Anglim, Owner/Winemaker)
- Vintners' Lunch - Seminar participants will be joined by Rhone Rangers principals and winemakers for a gourmet banquet lunch from local Chef Jeffery Scott [see the menu] with members' Rhone wines passing freely around the tables and extended opportunity for interaction with the producers.
- Grand Tasting & Silent Auction - Taste nearly 150 wines from the complete membership of the Paso Robles Rhone Rangers, including top single Rhone varietals and the best in Rhone blends. During the Grand Tasting, bid on lots [view the silent auction lots] donated by Rhone Rangers member wineries and help support the Rhone Rangers scholarship fund!
The day's events will take place at Broken Earth Winery, on Highway 46 just east of Paso Robles. Participation in the seminar and lunch will be limited to the first 200 tickets sold. The seminar and lunch has sold out at least six weeks before the event each of the past four years. The grand tasting will be limited to 400 attendees.
Tickets for the seminar and lunch are
$85 sold out, and seminar/lunch attendees receive free entry into the Grand Tasting. Tickets for the Grand Tasting are just $35, and free to qualified trade and media (advance registration is required).
- Online ticketing has closed. The Seminar/Lunch is sold out. A limited number on Grand Tasting tickets will be available at the door.
- To receive notice of other Paso Robles chapter events, please join the Paso Robles Rhone Rangers email list.
- Qualified trade and media interested in attending the Grand Tasting should email email@example.com.
- For a full list of Paso Robles Rhone Rangers member wineries, click here.
2014 Hotel Information
We are grateful to the following Paso Robles hotels for setting aside room blocks. When booking any of them, mention "Rhone Rangers Block" to get the special rates:
NEW Shuttle Service
We are pleased to work with The Wine Wrangler to offer round-trip shuttle service from a selection of local hotels. Shuttle pickup will be around 10:00AM for guests attending the Seminar/Luncheon and 1:00PM for the Grand Tasting, with return shuttles picking up from the event at 1:30PM and 3:45PM. The cost is $25.00 round-trip and must be reserved in advance by contacting The Wine Wrangler at (805) 238-5700.
We are grateful to our 2014 Paso Robles Rhone Rangers Experience sponsors: